Lawyer Checker Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), We are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.lawyerchecker.co.uk or www.lawyerchecker.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of requesting further information or services or subscribing for any service. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
· Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
If We or substantially all of Our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.